I have been in your shoes.

Immigration representation with a personal touch!

Getting legal permanent residency in the U.S. through family sponsorship is not always a straightforward process and going through it alone can be confusing. It is very important to know what paperwork to submit and if you should apply in the first place. Sometimes, applying for a family member to get legal permanent residency, especially if without status, does not only result with denial but also put the immigrant foreign national in deportation proceedings. When you work with Orange County immigration attorney Fady Eskandar, we will simplify the complex immigration laws and make you understand your options under the law.
At the Law Office of Fady Eskandar, we handle cases from start to finish, from the initial visa petition filing to consular processing.

Call or text (714) 729-3303 to get started.

There are two categories for family petitions. The first category is for “Immediate Relatives.” There’s no legal limit to the number of foreign national immigrants allowed entry to the United States under this type of visa

To apply as an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, you must be one of the following:
  • Spouse of a U.S. citizen
  • An unmarried child of a U.S. citizen, and under 21 years of age
  • A parent of a U.S. citizen child who is at least 21 years of age

The second category of family members is the “Family Preference Immigrant” visa. These types of visas are capped in each category, according to the law.

  • Family First Preference (F1): Unmarried children (sons or daughters) of U.S. citizens, as well as their minor children, if any
  • Family Second Preference (F2): Spouses, adult unmarried children, and minor children of a Lawful Permanent Resident
  • Family Third Preference (F3): Married children of U.S. citizens, as well as their spouses and minor children, if any
  • Family Fourth Preference (F4): Siblings of Adult U.S. citizens, as well as their spouses and minor children, if any

Grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, and in-laws are unable to sponsor relatives for immigration purposes.

You can also apply for a visa if you are:
  • The fiancé of a U.S. citizen (K-1 nonimmigrant)
  • The child of a fiancé of a U.S. citizen (K-2 nonimmigrant)
  • Widow(er) of a U.S. citizen who passed away after you were married

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) also recognizes adopted/step children, with some restrictions. A widow or widower of a U.S. citizen can also obtain permanent resident status in the United States.

At the Law Office of Fady Eskandar, we can assist you with the following:
  • Adjustment of Status
  • Marriage Cases
  • K-1: Fiancé Visa
  • Adoptions
  • Asylum
  • Change of Status
  • Citizenship Through Parents
  • Criminal Law & Immigration
  • DACA
  • Green Card/Permanent Residency
  • Green Card Through Marriage
  • I-601
  • I-601A Waivers
  • I-751: Lifting Conditions on a Green Card
  • Same Sex Couples
  • Transgenders
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Status: SIJS
  • Section 245(i)
  • Refugees
  • Temporary Protected Status
  • U-Visa: Victims of a Crime
  • V Visa
  • VAWA: Violence Against Women Act
  • Visas
Appealing a Denied Application:

If your application for a family-based visa has been denied, you have 30 days to appeal; if it has been revoked, you have 15 days to appeal. If an appeal before the Administrative Appeals Office or the Board of Immigration Appeals is denied, you have another 30 days to appeal that decision.

Call us today at (714) 729-3303 to get your immigration case started. Honesty – Integrity – Results.
0 +
Verified testimonials
0 +
lives transformed
0 +
facebook followers

We work hard on every case, and it shows in our end results. Your success is our success.

We are committed to providing excellent service to our clients. We take a personal interest in every case. We respect and value you as a client, and will work hard to ensure that your immigration goals are met.

As your immigration lawyer, we always provide honest legal advice that is in your best interest, not ours. We are realistic about expectations and the chances of success.

Law Office of Fady Eskandar