Investment Immigration

Anaheim Investment Immigration Attorney

Capable and Communicative Legal Representation

Are you an entrepreneur looking to support a business in the United States? Temporary and permanent visas are available to immigrant investors, but it can be tough to understand the criteria for obtaining them.

You deserve a legal advocate who can confidently guide you through complex immigration processes. At The Law Offices of Fady Eskandar, we provide honest advice and knowledgeable, personalized advocacy. Our Anaheim investment immigration lawyer can walk you through your legal options and help you prepare a successful application. We will verify your planned investment meets all legal requirements and help you avoid costly mistakes. Whether you are looking to temporarily support an investment in the United States or build a permanent career in the country, we are prepared to do everything we can to support your endeavors.

Schedule an initial consultation by calling (714) 909-2127 or contacting us online. Flexible payment options are available.

The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program

If you are interested in eventual U.S. citizenship, the EB-5 program is generally the best option if you have sufficient capital. The EB-5 visa is a green card, and recipients become lawful permanent residents. 

To obtain an EB-5 green card, you must be able to invest a minimum of $1,050,000 in a U.S.-based, for-profit business. Alternatively, you only need to invest at least $800,000 in a “Targeted Employment Area” (TEA) cleared by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). These minimums can sometimes fluctuate, but our Anaheim investment immigration attorney can advise on updated figures.

USCIS will audit the source of your funds to ensure you procured it through legal means. The business you invest in must be new, reorganized into a new entity, or have been founded after November 29, 1990. 

The EB-5 immigrant investor program requires you to work to support your investment for at least two years. You will need to serve in an executive or managerial capacity.

EB-5 green cards are initially “conditional,” meaning they expire after two years unless certain conditions are met. Your investment must create or preserve at least ten jobs for U.S. workers in this two-year window. After you prove your investment created or preserved ten jobs, conditions can be removed, and you will be permitted to work for other U.S. employers.

E-2 Treaty Investor Visas

If you are not necessarily interested in U.S. citizenship, the E-2 treaty investor visa may meet your needs. This nonimmigrant visa may also be a good choice if you cannot afford to invest the $800,000-$1,050,000 minimum associated with the EB-5 visa. 

To qualify for the E-2 treaty investor visa, you must:

  • Be a national of a country that maintains a trade treaty with the United States
  • Invest a “substantial” amount (typically at least $100,000) in a U.S.-based, for-profit business
  • Travel to the U.S. for purposes of supporting their investment as an executive, manager, or employee with specialized knowledge

The funds you invest must be “at risk,” meaning there is a chance you will lose it all. The business you invest in must be at least 50% owned by nationals of your home country. 

There is no limit to the number of E-2 visas that can be issued to qualified applicants. Though the E-2 visa is technically temporary, it can be renewed an unlimited number of times so long as you continue to support your investment and meet its requirements

Our team at The Law Offices of Fady Eskandar can evaluate your financial circumstances and investment plan and determine whether you are a good candidate for the E-2 visa or the EB-5 investment investor program. Our Anaheim investment immigration lawyer can provide comprehensive, results-oriented assistance in either scenario.

If you have questions about investment visas, do not hesitate to call (714) 909-2127 or contact us online.