Employment Based Immigration

Anaheim Employment-Based Immigration Attorney

Communicative and Capable Legal Advocacy

Have you received a job offer from a U.S. employer but do not currently have permission to work in the United States? If you are ready to start your career in the U.S., you will need to work with your sponsoring employer to get a green card, a visa that makes you a lawful permanent resident. This process tends to be complex and overwhelming, but you do not have to face it alone.

At The Law Offices of Fady Eskandar, we strive to make the employment immigration process as easy and efficient as possible. Our employment-based immigration lawyer is an immigrant himself who understands how challenging obtaining a green card can be. We will work closely with you and your sponsoring employer from start to finish, from securing a labor certification to adjusting your status. Our team is invested in your future and is ready to provide the comprehensive legal support you need to succeed.

Schedule an initial consultation by calling (714) 909-2127. Flexible payment plans are available.

How the Employment Immigration Process Works

In most cases, you cannot get an employment-based green card without a permanent offer of employment from a U.S. company. When you do get a job offer, your sponsoring employer will need to procure a labor certification that proves no qualified U.S. workers are available or willing to fill the position. 

A limited number of employment-based green cards are issued each year, and the process is extremely competitive. These visas are distributed across five “preference categories.” The category you apply under will depend on your unique circumstances.

Our Anaheim employment-based immigration attorney can assist you with each of the preference categories:

  • EB-1 Green Cards for “Priority Workers.” To successfully apply under this category, you will need to prove you have “extraordinary ability” in the arts, athletics, sciences, business, or education fields. This will require you to provide evidence demonstrating national or international acclaim and/or recognition of your professional achievements. You do not need an offer of employment if you have extraordinary ability. “Outstanding” professors and researchers, as well as multinational executives and managers, can also get EB-1 green cards, but applicants in these subcategories do need job offers.
  • EB-2 Green Cards for Professionals with Advanced Degrees. Master’s and doctoral degrees (or foreign equivalents) are considered “advanced degrees” for purposes of EB-2 green card eligibility. Professionals with “exceptional” abilities – which require less supporting evidence than “extraordinary” abilities – can also apply for EB-2 visas. If you are looking to obtain a green card via a national interest waiver, you will apply through this category. 
  • EB-3 Green Cards for Professionals, “Skilled Workers,” and “Unskilled Workers.” A professional has a bachelor’s degree (or a foreign equivalent), while a “skilled” worker’s prospective position requires at least two years of training or experience. An “unskilled” worker’s prospective job requires less than two years of training or experience.
  • EB-4 Green Cards for “Special Immigrants.” This preference category covers a wide variety of special situations, including Special Immigrant Juveniles (SIJ), certain religious workers, certain broadcasters, and certain Iraq and Afghanistan nationals who worked with the U.S. military.
  • EB-5 Green Cards for Immigrant Investors. You can get green cards under this category if you are willing to invest at least $1,050,000 in a U.S.-based business or a minimum of $800,000 in a “Targeted Employment Area” approved by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your investment must create (or in some situations preserve) at least 10 U.S. jobs.

Once your application is approved and a visa is available, you will need to either “adjust your status” if you are already in the United States or complete consular processing if you are abroad. You will receive your green card after completing either legal process. 

Keep in mind that your employment-based green card allows you to work most types of jobs. You are not permanently tied to your sponsoring employer. You may also be eligible for citizenship after completing several years of physical and continuous presence.

Our team at The Law Offices of Fady Eskandar uses our knowledge to help our clients understand their legal options, overcome obstacles, and avoid costly mistakes. Our Anaheim employment-based immigration lawyer can guide and your sponsoring employer through each stage of the application process.

If you have a job offer from a U.S. employer but need help getting your green card, do not wait to contact us online or call (714) 909-2127.